YOU ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SEPARATING OR DIVORCING OR YOU ARE ALREADY SEPARATED.
You are no longer able to communicate with each other to find solutions to the problems that this separation raises.
- You need to reflect on this difficult experience
- You and your children suffer from this situation
- You are separated, but you are having difficulties with child custody, child support, communication with the other parent
Family mediation is aimed at people who are in the process of separating or caught up in a family conflict. Its aim is to re-establish a dialogue between spouses who are separating or have already separated and to reach agreements that take into account the material and emotional needs of each party, in order to avoid a decision being imposed by the judge.
Our family mediation service is there to help you achieve your goals in a climate that facilitates conflict management and constructive dialogue, leading to a draft agreement (convention) accepted and signed by both partners in the couple.
In principle, the mediator receives you together. Both partners can freely express their point of view with the mediator, who does not take sides or judge. What is said is confidential.
During these interviews you can discuss issues such as
- the allocation of housing
- the division of property
- the financial responsibilities of each
- parental authority
- child custody
- visitation rights and holidays
- educational choices
- links with the extended family
- the maintenance of children
Family mediation can also deal with problems related to the extended family such as conflicts in an inheritance, links between grandparents and their grandchildren, difficulties regarding financial support between a parent and the adult child, etc.